Most of you are confused about whether it is possible to repair the bad online reputation of a brand properly. Some believe it is not a convenient task, while some say it is a waste of money.
Well, if you ask us, we will say it is definitely possible to repair the bad reputation of a brand online. But of course, you should have proper knowledge of online reputation repair services, the new advanced technologies, the tricks and tips, and everything related to online reputation management.
Every successful brand encounters a situation where it has to deal with negative content and negative publicity. This hampers the brand reputation and creates a bad impression on the audience.
Nobody wants to attain a bad reputation online and lose its prospective clients. Studies have concluded that 45% of US adults prefer not to do any business with a brand that has a bad reputation online. In fact, 25% of a company’s market value is generated from its online reputation. A big thing to concern!
Hence the need for reputation repair services for a brand. If you browse online, several marketing agencies offer online reputation management and repair services. You can even share your requirements with them to gain a better service for your brand reputation.
Here’s how they manage to repair your reputation online.
5 Possible ways to repair the bad online reputation of a brand
- Encourage more positive reviews: Whenever a brand experiences a bad reputation, the very first thing that strikes the mind is how to build more positive reviews. This is one of the finest steps to work and fixthe bad reputation online.
What you can do is – ask your happy customers to share their experience online. Either you send a feedback email to every contact and request them to leave feedback, or you can simply add a pop-up screen whenever a person completes his purchases.
Encouraging positive reviews is always the best option to repair and manage your customer reviews online. Even the online buyers prefer to read the customer reviews and ratings before making any purchase action. Hence, flooding the review generating sites like Google, Facebook, and Yelp with positive reviews is definitely needed.
- Push down the negative reviews: Next immediate way to repair the bad reputation online is by pushing down the negative reviews and other negative content. You can use review managing tools to perform the job with perfection.
Online users usually go through the reviews published on the first page of the review generating site. They hardly prefer to scroll down or visit the last few pages of the review section to learn more about the brand. Hence, pushing down the reviews on the last page can be quite helpful.
Negative reviews and negative ratings always ruin the gained reputation of a brand. Therefore, eliminating them or moving them to the last page is widely performed by the ORM experts. You can use the same technique to push your bad reviews or negative content online.
- Respond to every review: So, you have an idea of how to deal with your negative and positive content online. But isn’t it incomplete? Unless and until you are aware of the reviews added to your site, it is hard to perform any task in a professional way. Quite relevant, isn’t it?
Set an alert so that whenever a new review or a new brand mention is added by a user around your brand, you will be notified via email. You can use tools like Google Alerts or Social Mention to perform the job with ease.
The moment you get an alert, without wasting your time you should respond to every review. Be it positive or negative, you must reply to them promptly. Suppose you get a positive review you can show gratitude and encourage the person to make his purchase again. While for a negative review, you can apologize with your words and try to fix the problem immediately without any regret. No matter what type of reviews you obtain, responding to them instantly is quite essential.
- Take help of SEO: Do you know, putting your SEO efforts can improve your brand reputation? SEO is a digital marketing technique that enhances brand visibility by using positive content across several online platforms. Forums, social media, and other third-party websites are used to promote the brand through SEO content.
The better the SEO, the higher is the search engine ranking of the site. This creates a great impact on brand reputation online. By creating blogs, articles, social media content, infographics, and other creative content and by imposing search engine optimization factors like maintaining keyword density and header tags, you can easily build a good reputation across the web.
- Use the power of social media: Social media has a lot of power in today’s date. It takes hardly a second to viral content on social media. If you want, you can immediately promote the positive sides of your brand and build your brand presence online.
To fix the reputation, what you need is to display the positive aspects on social media. You can perform this job if you follow a few things –
- Being consistent on social media.
- By launching live chat sessions and connecting with the followers directly.
- By sharing creative posts – images, textual content, videos, stories, etc.
- By running events on social media to attract viewers.
- By sharing testimonials of your customers.
- By responding to every comment made by the followers on a post.
Follow the above-mentioned tips and start building your online presence. This will improve your Google search results and simultaneously influence your brand reputation online.
So, now since you know how to repair your bad brand reputation, we guess you will embrace them in your business. But beforehand, you should learn about the proper ORM tools that add convenience to your job. Even a top-ranked online reputation management agency prefers to use tools like Reputology, Social Mention, Trackur, SentiOne, Reputation Health, etc., and generate rank-driven results.